We have long-standing links with scholars and students from China and we are pleased that you consider joining the growing Chinese community in our vibrant institution.

The information below covers entry requirements, information on scholarships and bursaries, contact details and extra suggestions for Chinese students thinking about studying with us at the University of South Wales.

The University of South Wales understands that the Chinese students applying to study with us can held different types of international academic qualifications.

Please, find below the list of the qualifications we accept, the equivalencies and related requirements:

For entry to You will need Grade required English language requirement
International Foundation Programme Completion of Senior Secondary School Year 3 Year 3: 60% IELTS 4.5 with no band below 4.0
Completion of Senior Secondary School Year 2 Year 2: 70% IELTS 4.5 with no band below 4.0
International Year One High School Certificate 55% IELTS 5.5 with no band below 5.5

You may be eligible for a country bursary or scholarship depending on your choice of programme and previous qualifications.

Find out more

To study in the UK, a Chinese national is required to have a visa. In order to apply for it, you will have to meet the following requirements:

  1. You will need to have successfully accepted for a full-time programme at the University of South Wales.
  2. You will have to pay for the payment of deposit

Once these two conditions met, you will receive a Certificate of Acceptance for Study (CAS) number and you will use this document to apply for your student visa.

Your application should be made at the local visa application centre.

If you need additional guidance regarding visa application, please contact us. You can also get in touch with the British Council’s Chinese offices or our international advice team.

Throughout the year our team travel to China for events and to meet with students.

Once any future dates are confirmed, the details of our trips will be available so you can arrange to meet our team. In the meantime, please feel free to contact us by using our enquiry form.

Our regional team are able to help answer any questions you might have about our pathway programmes, studying with us, the application process and much more.

Email: QAHE.CHINA@qa.com

Living in Wales will provide you with a fantastic and unforgettable student experience. South Wales is a vibrant and multicultural student hub where you can enjoy outdoor activities or city living – the best of both worlds!

Don’t hesitate to visit our Studying in Greater Cardiff page to get a taste of the experience you will have.

The University of South Wales will provide you with all the support you need. We understand that studying in the foreign country in a foreign language is challenging.

You can join the Chinese Society or other clubs and societies to meet friends and integrate yourself into the UK student life

Where to eat?

You can find lists of the best Chinese restaurants in South Wales on Gastro ranking and Wales Online. From gastronomy to Hotpot, Chinese food is at every corner.

Useful entities

The Chinese in Wales Association (CIWA) is a charitable organisation that aims to deliver services that will make a positive difference to the lives of Chinese residents in Wales.

Contact us

Please note, this will overwrite any previous communication preferences you may have already specified to us on our website or websites relating to our University Partners. You can change your communication preferences at any time. QA Higher Education will process your personal data as set out in our privacy notice